Monday, May 27, 2019

NSV My blood pressure has been normal all week

22 F 5’9” SW: 276 CW: 266 GW: 200 I work on my feet 9 hours a day 4 days a week, walk 1 hour a day. Current calorie goal is 2,000/day.

I started my lifestyle change about 6 weeks ago. Like many people here, I’ve been overweight my whole life. Right around 264+ for the last 8 years. At 17, my pediatrician told me my blood pressure was high. It was 169/90. To my 17 year old self, that was just a jumble of numbers. It wasn’t 1 million over a trillion, so what was the big deal?

So life happened and I didn’t make it to the doctor much. When I did, I felt shamed for my weight and like my other health concerns were dismissed in favor for berating me about my weight. Every time I left I was angry. How dare they say I was fat. How dare they not believe that I had a salad for lunch yesterday or that I rarely go out to eat. What my doctor failed to see was that it wasn’t what I was eating but how much of it. And I was in such denial that I automatically discounted anyone who mentioned calories.

What cut through that denial was working in healthcare. Every extra pound you weigh is like 4 pounds of pressure on your knees. Trust me you want to do anything you reasonably can to avoid a knee replacement. It took a while after that to get into the mental space to be able to work on my weight. I’ve taken my blood pressure every day since I started. I went from consistently being around 160/90 to being about 120/70 and a pulse of 65 with only a ten pound weight loss. I think that putting more importance on daily exercise and eating foods like berries, celery, while grains, and lentils to lower my blood pressure have certainly helped. I try to add an extra half hour of cycling and several stretches on my days off.

Originally, I thought that when my blood pressure got to a normal range I would stop loosing weight, but it’s been exciting to see the subtle changes in my body so far. My next goal is to get down to a size 16. Last time I was that small, I didn’t even buy my own pants.

submitted by /u/Unique_username_2119
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2W5wQ8L

No comments:

Post a Comment