Saturday, May 25, 2019

I'd rather not die young.

Yesterday was my 25th birthday. I've had plenty of ups and downs in my weight loss journey. Unfortunately, I am currently the heaviest I have ever been. I have struggled recently to find the strength to start losing weight again.

I had a sort of "mid-life" crisis yesterday. Being 25, I kept thinking throughout the day, its like half of my life is over. Currently weighing in at 350lbs with a family history of diabetes and health issues, my own grandpa passing away at 65, I couldn't help but think, "with the path I'm currently on, I might not live much longer than 50. It's kind of a scary thought for me to think.

I don't want to die young like that. It's less about looking good and all of that, and more about living as long as I can. Because at the rate I'm going, dying young is a high possibility.

So, what's my strategy? What am I going to actually do about it? I'm trying to take it slow. I'm currently making conscious decisions about when I eat, and how much I eat right now. Just eating a little less at every meal while making sure I'm eating in the window of time I chose to.

I still fear that I'll "fail" and stop doing what I need to do to lose the weight and become healthy. But I need to try.

Does anyone have any tips with trying to keep going or a way to not be "burned out" while losing weight?

submitted by /u/xc4kex
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JE8psk

No comments:

Post a Comment