Wednesday, May 29, 2019

NSV - Finally beat my gym anxiety today!

Hi all,

I'm a 25yo Male 220lbs 6'1.

Everyday I would put off going to the gym saying I'll do it tomorrow I'll have more time then or I'll start next week when it's the start of the week etc. I've always wanted to try and build some muscle as I've always been just chunky fat. There's a gym close by to me which if fairly quiet as it's an independent gym not a branded one where only very muscular men go. I was doing some weights when someone came over and started working out with me (knew I was new). Started talking then started spotting me even though I couldn't lift barely anything (30kg Bench Press LOL). Was giving me pointers for as long as I was there. Got to say mad props to that guy as he took time out of his day to help me, the gym was full of pretty chill dudes as well who don't care that your lift 1/10th the weight they are doing. Hoping to go there more often and build some strength along with my weight loss - maybe soon I'll be lifting the 100kg, someone's got to start somewhere right?

TL:DR: Learnt that your not a pussy if you can only lift 30kg; your only a pussy if you quit.

Thanks

submitted by /u/heavymetal100
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2JNdpLg

No comments:

Post a Comment