Friday, May 24, 2019

Anecdotes from my weight loss.

So, here's a bunch of cool stuff that happened in the past year or so. Please allow me to skip the numbers part, in order to keep this more in the human side of things:

- Going to a yearly business meeting/party and having all the people that only see me once a year notice my weight loss.

- Having to buy new pants. Then having to buy new pants again. Making new holes in the belt, gaining a new appreciation for how hard leatherworking must be. One thing I learned: buy a single, cheap, new set of clothes every 6-8 pounds. Having clothes that fit you well is really nice.

- Having to say goodbye to old clothes I really liked, like this one coat I bought in Paris and just looks like shit on me now.

- Being asked "how did you loose so much weight?!" like I have a magic spell that they can get from me, and seeing their discouraged reactions when I tell them "I downloaded an app for food tracking and an app for exercise at home", then trying to convince them it's the only way . . .

- Going to a wedding with my wife, this requires a bit more explanation. She's been with me for a long time, and has seen my weight fluctuate a lot, from fad dieting to stress eating and everything in between. So when I started consistently and steadily loosing, while bulking up a little on muscle, and doing all this in a healthy way to boot . . . well, she was skeptical. She would comment ocasionaly on how I look better and then add "But you know I love you either way!" Now, at this wedding, I was looking sharp. She makes her usual conservative comment, all good. Then as the wedding progresses, she gets tipsy. We hit the dance floor. After a while she stops and grabs me by the arm. "You know, you look really hot" She touches my arms, and basically fondles me a little bit. "like, really hot, you look FUCKING GREAT". That moment, that tiny moment, is what I call happiness.

- Going to an all inclusive resort for vacations, and hitting that exotic fruit and salads bar all day, every day, like there's no tomorrow. I know fruit isn't exactly calorie free, but hey, I gotta live a little.

- Being confident and secure in my weight loss. Before, whenever I hit a low during a diet, I would question myself "will I be able to keep this weight off? I don't wanna get all this weight back as soon as the diet is over" and then seeing exactly that happen, as my soul is crushed. Now I know I own that number, my weight is under my control. Feels great.

- Ok, a tiny bit of numbers: seeing the scale drop below 200 was really sweet.

- Watching TV in bed, in pijamas, jumping real quick out of bed to go take a piss, and being hit with my image, reflected in the closet door mirror. The instant reaction of thinking "damn I look good" instead of the previous, usual shying away from my own image. Happiness moments.

All of this, all of it, couldn't have been possible without r/loseit and r/bodyweightfitness. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU.

Edit: formatting.

submitted by /u/Drorta
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Wnzaam

No comments:

Post a Comment