Friday, May 24, 2019

Advice on getting through body dysphoria after a large weight loss?

Hey lovely losers!

I was hoping to hear from some people who have experienced a large weight loss, and a little bit of body dysphoria as a result and how they adjusted.

Here’s my story in a nut shell. I have lost 90Ibs over the last year, and I have about 30Ibs left to go. In other words, I went from a size 2x, to a size small. And I am very proud of that, but I am having a really hard time shopping now.

The styles the used to look good on me, don’t anymore. I now look good in styles that I guess are a bit more conventional? Like, for example, before the only style of pants I would buy would be wide legged pants, but now I look much better in boot cut or skinny leg. That seems simple, like ok then buy the style that looks good on you, problem solved. But I won’t. I don’t like want to buy those clothes. I don’t like them, and I don’t feel good in them, but I don’t feel good in my old styles either. So I end up trying on clothes and just staring at myself in the mirror feeling sad and indifferent to what I am wearing.

Granted, this is a psychological issue and I am seeking professional help (counselling starts Monday). I am just hoping anyone with a similar story might be willing to share their experience and what helped them move past it and get used to their new body. I think it would also help to know that I am not alone.

submitted by /u/HeartsLikeMine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2K477X4

No comments:

Post a Comment