Friday, May 24, 2019

People who use Fitbit and My Fitness Pal, can you help?

I have been trying to lose weight all year. I log everything I eat in My Fitness Pal, which syncs to my Fitbit. My Fitbit steps syn to MFP, etc. Both apps have calculated how many calories I should be eating in order to lose weight, and they're pretty consistently in agreement that I should eat 2,040 calories a day to lose 2 pounds a week. (Female, 30, 350 pounds).

Like I said, I've been logging everything I eat. Some days I go 100 to 300 calories over because of stupid things. I know that adds up, but the popup on the app says that if every day were similar, I would still be losing weight. I am incredibly frustrated because I am not losing weight at all.

I am on medication that may cause weight gain (lithium and depo provera) but I don't know if that is the reason. Lithium can technically cause thyroid issues, but I haven't been on lithium very long, and I have had my thyroid tested several times because I am always exhausted, cold, irritable, all of the other stuff pretty much.

I take the stairs at work, and I drink a ton of water every day. We very rarely go out to eat, because my husband likes to cook. He tries to make things that are relatively healthy and I track all of that too. I don't drink a lot of soda or coffee and I don't put a lot of sugar in my tea and only drink one a day.

Has anyone else found that the app is misleading when it tells you how many calories to eat? I know a lot of people do 1200 and have a lot of success with that, but I have a hard time finding food that fits into that. I just looked at the calorie calculator on calculator.net and it told me that for weight loss I should eat 2409 (1 pound a week) and for extreme weight loss I should eat 1909 (2 pounds per week). So the numbers that I am getting from MFP don't seem like they're that off.

I have literally no idea what I am doing wrong and it makes me want to bang my head into a wall.

submitted by /u/KittyChimera
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2X6shY3

No comments:

Post a Comment