Friday, May 24, 2019

[SV] Hit a "35x" number on the scale this morning!

Hi All!

I was so excited to get on the scale this morning. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and confirmed that my scale is reasonably accurate, and when I weighed in this morning, I was 359.2lbs!

That might be the first time since...uh...2011(?) that I've seen that number. In 2011, I did a "medically supervised diet", which was just medico-speak for "Buy HMR from us". It was expensive, and while I lost weight (a lot of it - around 100 pounds in just over 9 months), I learned nothing about tracking calories or making healthy choices that didn't involve spending $450 a month on food for one person. That weight came back with interest once I couldn't afford to pay that anymore.

This time, my weight loss has been much slower, but I've been purposeful about not relying on fad diets and really trying to learn to count calories and track myself. I moved to California in the fall of 2017, and that led to...life difficulties...that made it hard to keep losing. I gained back around 15 pounds, but I never lost sight of my goal. I've been slowly trying to figure out how to not slip back into overeating, even when I'm not feeling human enough to do anything related to cooking or food. I've been fortunate enough to find calorie-dense meal bars that I really like, and they helped when I recently fell back into not feeling terribly human. And recently, I added daily swimming to my fitness regimen, in order to help keep my migraines under control. It has definitely helped the weight loss, because swimming at noon does a great job of regulating my hunger cravings.

If you're struggling, I believe in you. We can do this together.

submitted by /u/Antibane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QnzNLs

No comments:

Post a Comment