Saturday, May 25, 2019

Week 2 was a bit difficult (but also motivating)

If you are interested in my whole journey, you can look at my post history. I decided to try and post an update every week to keep myself accountable :)

A quick recap - I started about two weeks ago at 189lbs. I am 22F and 5ft6. To summarize, I have never really been skinny but i gradually gained about 10kg after I moved to another country and have struggled with obsessive eating a lot when I am stressed out. I have started this journey many times but it honestly never lasted more than a week or two so we are now at the breaking point so to speak :)

Today I weight about 183lbs (I weight myself in kg so it´s a bit hard to convert to the exact weight). Every week I set myself simple goals. I am sad to say that I failed one of my week´s goals - excercising three times this week. I only did it once and though I managed to walk a lot every day of this week, I don´t really count that as excercising as it is not really hard for me. What I have managed to do sofar successfully is:

  • tracking my calories - I use Lifesum. Even when I forget to log my food, I feel like I still have more of a feel of how big my portions should be, how much chocolate I can sneak into my snacks and simple stuff like this. Tracking calories has honestly made this so much easier than I thought. (on the topic of that, a food scale is life changing)
  • IF - i do the 16/8. I am not always 100% strict with it but I am getting there, sometimes I literally forget and eat after 8 lol. Skipping breakfast has made a huge difference as it means my other two meals can be bigger and I can even have a pretty decent snack (as I am staying under 1500kcal)
  • drinking enough water - I have no issues with this if I am sitting down and working the whole day. When I am on the go I constantly forget so this also is a bit of a work in progress.
  • tracking my measurements & taking progress pictures - I honestly hated taking the progress pictures as it forced me to confront my stomach and my arm fat (I don´t really mind my body other than that). I do hope those help me see a difference because even 6lbs down I don´t really feel much different or look much different.
  • cooking at home - I do like cooking with my friends or going out but most of my meals are made at home. I always try to save about a 1000kcal for going out just in case I overdo it accidentaly

Overall, I am very disappointed that I couldn´t hit my goal of excercising more. I have exams coming up next month and have been pretty tired from all the studying but if I have to be completely honest, it´s mostly the fact that I lack the habit and that when I have time in the evening I get super lazy.

Several other things that accidentally helped me:

  • I picked up my old photography hobby which means a lot of walking around with three cameras & a tripod and lots of squatting in uncomfortable positions to make my friends look like models. It´s fun, gets me moving a lot more and feels interesting and exciting to me.
  • I weight myself several times during the day - it makes me calm knowing that my weight naturally fluctuates and lets me feel less panicked - I know that if I keep at it, even if the scale is temporarily up, the tendency shows that it will go down in the long run. (me, a statistics nerd)
  • I look at the serving sizes on packages. Yes, I want that whole chocolate but I only eat 4 pieces of it because that´s what the package says. Weirdly enough, I haven´t been hungry at all this past two weeks.

My goals for next week:

  • I want to set a concrete goal weight for myself on the one month mark & a time frame for my active weight loss.
  • I want to eat more vegan meals (I am addicted to cheese so RIP me)
  • I want to excericise three times this week.
  • I want to sleep more since I am truly exhausted.

To sum this up, I am a bit disappointed but also really happy with my progress and I hope to keep it up.

I hope this can potentially help someone (and not bore everyone to death). I think being honest about what you didn´t do and the reasons for it is just as important as sharing your success.

submitted by /u/throwawayfataccount
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/30KxFm3

No comments:

Post a Comment