Friday, November 1, 2019

I'm new here! Looking for your favourite visual cooking guides + lifting workouts for women

Hello - I'm new here!

I'm handing in my PhD thesis on Monday (!!) and then getting back to healthy habits. I gained 18-20kg in 3 years with moving in with my husband, changing to a vehicle-based commute, becoming a social drinker, massive PhD-related stress-eating (ALL the breads), and eating the foods/portions my husband likes. I've managed to keep my weight steady for 2 years and now want to bring the weight down over the next 1-2 years.

Currently I am 81kg - My goal is to weigh 61kg or so after 2 years (or sooner!)- I'm a mid30s female- 5 feet 7 inches tall. So I'm overweight but not quite obese, and my hip-waist ratio is Not Good. But I get positive results on health checks and (the last 2 months of writing up excepted) was 'lightly'-to 'moderately' active with 3 hours of dancing per week and a few group fitness classes.

My husband is a keen cook and I want to spend some time with him cooking and portioning meals so we both have a better idea of what is (a) a suitable recipe for my calorie/macro goals and (b) a healthy portion size for me. He LOVES cooking but rarely follows recipes, loves making curries/stews (so it's hard to work out macros by proportions on the plate) and we 'debate' about my portion sizes. (He often says "no way that's enough!" and admits he equates food with affection). (He eats a lot more than me, but before we met he went down from 120kg to 78kg and has held that weight for years).

Does anyone have a favourite book or website with mainly strict vegetarian* meals for weight loss? I am looking for a fairly visual guide that we can work through together to cook and portion out meals so we BOTH get a better idea of what I should be eating.

Low salt and low sugar recipes would be helpful too, as he has a family history of heart disease and LOVES his salty foods.

I will be resuming dancing, group fitness and some weight training over the next month. I use the New Rules of Lifting For Women book. Any recommendations on that front would be great :)

Thank you all!

*I guess you'd call us Flexitarian. We do not subscribe to the political/ethical side of veganism eat "vegan" (no animal product) meals 80% of the time for environmental reasons. We will have meat, cheese and eggs on special occasions IF we are happy with the producer, e.g. a local farm, a friend's pet chickens.

submitted by /u/Harrissa_Matrix
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36pA9cg

No comments:

Post a Comment