Monday, November 11, 2019

Plateau Question for the Final Ten Pounds of my Weight Loss Journey

Hi All,

I am a frequent reddit lurker stopping in here with a few questions for the r/loseit community. Over the past year or so, I have been in the same cycle with my weight loss journey and was hoping I could find some help here to break out of it.

As a kid and in highschool, I was always on the chubbier side, but when I got to college I lost around 25-30 pounds and got my weight down to about 160 pounds. The last couple of years, I have had my weight slide back up to the mid 170s and I am once again trying to get back down to 160, but am struggling. I have tried calories counting and meal prepping, but constantly hit a plateau in the high 160s.

My nutrition regimen involves meal prepping on Sundays and calorie counting along with my fitness app. I have done this where I have meal prepped anywhere from 1000-1500 calories per day for the week and stuck to my diet. I am good about not straying from my meal prep Sunday-Friday. Most of my bad cheat days come on Saturday and Sunday due to going out to dates with the girlfriend or hanging out with my other friends in general. I have been able to lose 7-8 pounds and get to the 167-169 range, but once I get there, I seem to be hitting a plateau.

My cycle which I have been going through the last couple of years is this:

  • Lose weight to the point where I am in the high 160s
  • Get stuck in the high 160s
  • Have a bad cheat days after being frustrated, get my weight back up to the mid 170s
  • Lose weight until I get back to the high 160s
  • Once again get stuck in the high 160s before I eventually get up to the mid 170s and start the process again.

Does anyone have any advice on how to break this cycle?

As my flair says, I am a 5’9” male who is 27 years old. I work a desk job, but am pretty active. I lift weights twice a week and do cardio 2-4 times a week (I love to play hockey and golf but will also do cardio at the gym if I am not skating or golfing that week).

Thanks in advance for the help and good luck on all of your journeys!

submitted by /u/snipeshowmagic247
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X4mR0m

No comments:

Post a Comment