Sunday, November 10, 2019

Weight Watchers Glass Digital Scale Problem

So I've been relying on the Weight Watchers Glass Digital Scale that I bought from Costco to track my weight loss, and to this day, according to the scale, I have lost 17 pounds in two months. I saw an article online that said that putting the scale on carpet can lead to a higher number, and since my scale was on the thin carpet of my dorm room, I put it on the kitchen floor (making sure the scale is even and not wobbly from the grout). When I weighed myself on the hard surface, the number on the scale went up by 8 pounds! I was startled, so I put the scale on the bathroom floor (also hard), and the number went back to how it was before. Just to test, I put the scale in a different part of my dorm room (thin carpet), and the number jumped back up to 8 pounds above my supposed weight.

This has been driving me insane, so I obtained a 35 pound dumbbell from a friend and weighed it on the scale in the various locations, while also weighing myself separately. Frustratingly, the scale shows the dumbbell to be 35.0lbs in every area, even when my body weight is shown as 8 pounds higher.

I really don't have the means to return this to Costco or to buy a new one, so if anyone has experienced this or has a solution, please please please let me know! I would really like to know if I actually lost most of the weight that I believed that I had lost.

(There is no calibration button on the scale -- no buttons at all, actually)

submitted by /u/154-203
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36Sb0qM

No comments:

Post a Comment