Thursday, July 2, 2020

Comments regarding weight loss...

Do any of you feel uncomfortable when comments are made regarding weight loss? I have “only” lost about 10lbs (164-154), but have been exercising daily since November and really increased my activity even more since May. I know I look a lot different! I work in home health and since COVID-19, we are working out of cars 99% of the time and just go to the office for bathroom/supplies. That being said, not everyone has seen me for the last few months. Yesterday, I had a coworker stop me and say she wanted to ask me a personal question. She asked if I was sick because I looked “really thin.” She said she was worried about me. Honestly, I was shocked. Did she just say I looked sickly? Ha. I am 5’4, so at 154 am still considered overweight and my goal is 135/140. I can only imagine what they will say then! I have had a few coworkers say things like “skinny minnie” or just “you look like you’ve really lost weight.” How the heck do I respond to this?! It’s so uncomfortable because I feel like 1. They are assessing my body and 2. Was I really that big before? A lot of them have done keto in the past and I think they can’t understand that someone could lose weight with exercise and CICO (none of them do any physical activity).

submitted by /u/OT_Mommy12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YTJVBH

No comments:

Post a Comment