Thursday, July 2, 2020

Finally, finally, finally I love exercise!

You know how most people who start on a weight loss journey report that exercise is easier and you grow to love it, but it's the food moderation that's a pain? For me it's always been the exact opposite. Perhaps it's due to a history of EDs, perhaps it's due to the fact that I just don't like reps of anything and I tend to get bored.

So here I am, in my twenties, still having to force myself to work out - especially now in the era of quarantines and lockdowns. So when the quarantine began, I finally sat down and thought about my past with exercise. My parents made sure I was an active kid by enrolling me in dance when I was 7, and I stuck with that until I was 14. And here's the thing: I didn't even look at it as exercise. It was a thing I did after school, the same as painting or anything else. And perhaps it's for this reason that, dumb as it may sound, dance just didn't occur to me as a possibility. All I ever did was gyms and at-home aerobics.

So I got online, did some googling, and found Just Dance. And if you'd told me it would be a video game that would finally, FINALLY result in elation to work out, I'd have keeled over laughing. But I've been dancing to a video game for the past three months, and I feel better both emotionally and physically than I have in ages.

And obviously it wouldn't work for everyone. But I'm just so thrilled to have finally, finally, finally gotten to this place that I needed to share. And if you take anything away from this and you're in the same boat that I used to be, I hope you can take a moment to consider which activities you enjoy and try those out for size, even if you failed to consider them as exercise. I imagine most people have figured this out ages ago, but on the off chance that someone hasn't - it's my heartfelt recommendation that you do.

submitted by /u/NeedyPudding
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eY6haM

No comments:

Post a Comment