Sunday, July 5, 2020

Exercise worth it?

I’ve read a lot of conflicting arguments about exercise in the context if weight loss.

In favor:

  • regulates mood, which could stop emotional eating
  • increases TDEE with muscle mass
  • might regulate appetite*???
  • obviously burns calories, (1200kcal/day by cycling instead of driving, at my weight)

Against:

  • increased appetite to compensate
  • ”eat away the gains”
  • might lower NEAT to compensate
  • takes time (bicycles are S-L-O-W)
  • makes you hot, sticky and gross
  • studies show it makes no difference to weight loss
  • skin damage from sun, if outdoors

What are everyone’s thoughts? Obviously exercise is “good for you”, but will it make me thinner, faster. Is it too fast? When I have my bingeing under control I can eat 1200kcal without my blood sugar crashing and the subsequent hanger. My TDEE without exercise is around 2400kcal. Bicycle commuting burns supposedly 1200kcal. So I could lose 4.8lbs a week.

Rule of thumb for safe (no gallstones) weight loss:

2lb/week (kinda dumb, doesnt take into account how fat you are)

1% body mass/week (2.6lbs for me), doabke *without* exercise.

6% bodyfat mass/week. (2lbs a week for a healthy 18% bodyfat adult is about 6% of BFM) My bodyfat is about 45%(!!!), measured by BIA scale, so bodyfat mass is about 117lbs(!!!!!), so I could lose up to 7lbs a week safely. That amounts to 5 days of cycle commuting WHILE fasting 7 days a week, AND an extra 210kcal of exercise every day.

tl;dr will exercise, specifically road cycling, make me thinner, faster, without getting gallstones?

submitted by /u/SapphicAnarchy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dX81zD

No comments:

Post a Comment