Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I am finally done losing weight - One year cut - With PICS

Hello all,

First and foremost, I wanted to thank you all. You've been such a motivation, inspiration, and added to my confidence as I started this journey.

The amazing battles many of you have faced gave me courage to start this endeavor, and I could NOT have done it without the help and support of this sub.

After a year of cutting using CICO (June '19 to now) and lifting (Oct - April), I have finally hit my ultimate weight loss weight.

On June 15th of 2019, I weighed 340lb. I made a posted back then to mention how I would be attempting to change my life after going through an intensively debilitating tragedy with my family. How my life needed to change...

I started CICO. Used MFP and an online tdee calculator, and got to work. I didn't let up, and it became an obsession. I still allowed myself to have the occasional cheat day every once in a blue moon, but I still tracked it. There were pretty rare, because I knew at the end of the day, it would set me back.

My first progress pics were in Sept. I didn't see much change, but I was 40-50lb lighter. I could feel it. My clothes were starting to get looser, and I under 300lb for the first time in a long time.

I kept going, and in October, I started lifting, because I didn't want to lose muscle. I upped my protein, started lifting and did that religiously 3 days a week until the beginning of April.

I was hitting milestones. Down to 250lb. Down 100lb. Down to 212lb (my weight when I went to college gag 11 or so years ago). Then I finally broke 200lb for the first time in my adult life. I didn't think it possible.

But, after a long ass year from June 15th 2019 to July 1st 2020 (today), I have lost 151lb, down from a 42"+ pants size to a 31" waist, wearing a 2xl shirt (barely) to swearing a Small, and being able to run for the first time in my adult life without endangering my knees. I'm actually training for a 5k on July 18th. It sucks.

I couldn't have done this without all of you. Thank you so much, and I'm finally happy to say that I am no longer cutting or losing weight. It's now time for me to start my lean bulk. The goal is to gain about 25lb by the end of December, then I'll start my cutting cycle down to 10% bodyfat.

I certainly have loose skin, which shows up as "lean mass" during my DEXA scan. It's really interesting, because I look at my loose skin, and I feel fat. I see fat. I don't see muscle, because it's all covered. But my DEXA came in at 13.1%, and apparently that's because I have more loose skin than I thought... At least, that's what the guy said.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thank you all so much, I look forward to seeing more here. And while I'm done cutting right now, I want to stay and encourage the best I can, because if I can do it, anyone can.

I love you all!

submitted by /u/Artist_X
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VDkKBh

No comments:

Post a Comment