Friday, July 3, 2020

I really need help and don't know what to do anymore- I want to give up :/

Last year September 2019 I decided to finally get in shape after being huge my whole life. I was 308 6'1 25M. I decided to join one of those fitness bootcamps where they have personal trainers and nutrionists, and those body scan machines where they make a 3d model of your body and you can see fat mass, lean mass, body fat %, bmr etc. After seeing my scan I was 100% serious and gave it my all. I worked out 4 days a week - HITT workouts/lifting etc, and they helped me with meal plans and food and I started eating healthier because I finally enjoyed fruits and veggies - I drank 2 smoothies a day, really cut out excess breads, started making stir Frys, and gave up fast food. I felt pretty good eating right and did not feel starved or that I was missing anything. Since then I came down to 260! But lost most of my weight the first 6 months September 2019- February 2020.

March this year I realized I hadn't lost any weight since January even though I was still eating right and working out 4-5 days a week. In April I did another body scan and my fat % was at 33% and my weight was at 262. I decided to start the insanity workouts because gyms were closed and I had insanity my whole life and never was able to get through it. I pushed myself so much and would burn 700-900 calories a workout, I did all 63 days! and I continued to eat right throughout it. But I still didn't see any weight loss or difference in my body. The last month of insanity( first week of June), I realized that maybe I should count calories- I know I was being honest with what I ate, but maybe I was doing something wrong. My BMR was 2250, so I decided to set my goal at 1600 calories a day for a deficit. I have stuck to logging my food and making sure I hit the 1600 calories ( average of 1642 over the past 4 weeks) as well as finishing insanity and working out 6 days a week. I did another body scan today and saw that my body fat % went up to 35% :/ and I actually gained fat mass, lost lean mass, and my measurements, inches, everything is exactly the same as it was in January, and before I started insanity in April. I feel so defeated. I am working out, eating right, cut out bad foods, tracking everything and finally changing my life, and yet I am losing nothing and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know what to change from my diet without eating so little that I pass out and I don't know how to increase my workouts because I am already doing high intensity insanity 6 days a week. If my weight was the same, but my body was changing and I was gaining muscle thats a different story, but nothing is changing.

I don't want to be fat my whole life, but I feel hopeless at this point. Anyone have advice on where to go from here? Thank you in advance

Example of what I eat in a day : black coffee, egg white with Ezekiel bread, plain greek yogurt with honey and blueberries, smoothie ( broccoli, celery, mango, spinach, berries), veggie patties, hummus, trader joes soup, homemade chopped salad ( with vinegarette) etc. I do have a cheat meal once in a while, but never a cheat day. & I am vegetarian - never ate meat before.

submitted by /u/neptunenarc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D4GI9T

No comments:

Post a Comment