Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Is working out for 2+ hrs hurting my weight loss?

Hi all,

So I'm on my own fitness journey and I've lost so far 31 lbs (woo!). I have another 35 I wish to drop but I'm starting to hit small plateaus. I've restricted my calories further for few days to help nudge the scale and have been doing well but my goal has shifted a bit as my body changes.

Brief background: I started with heavy weight training and then moved into intense cardio. I actually did the first month of insanity. I'm now doing more of a freestyle and do what feels right to my body. I've gotten into yoga and have reintroduced some strength training.

Now, my goal has shifted from building muscle and shedding fat to leaning and shedding fat. I want to continue building muscle, but not bulky muscle (I stretch a lot), and continue dropping my fat mass. I'd appreciate some advice and tips.

Currently my regimen is about 5 days a week in a row of working out for about 2 and a half hrs (I have a lot of energy haha). I start with a light warmup, then do strength HIIT, then abs, then cardio, then yoga/deep stretching.

I was wondering if I'm decreasing my chances of progress or if I'm on the right track. I don't know if I'm doing enough, maybe I need to up the cardio? Is it possible for me to shed fat and lean out/tone at the same time? Should I be including more rest days for more progress to happen? I'm worried I might be doing all this work for nothing.

Sorry if this post is all over the place, I appreciate any feedback. :)

submitted by /u/velvetlampshades
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zx7hfH

No comments:

Post a Comment