Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Question about minimum calories

Hello! I'm on day 24 of CICO and have already been seeing consistent weight loss results! My question is this - I've been using My Fitness Pal to track all of my calories and the minimum it says I'm required to eat is 2020 calories per day with my current activity level. (For reference I'm a woman, 5'6, currently 305 pounds) Most of my days I never meet that and am staying at a semi-consistent 1500-1700. Is this healthy in the longterm if I physically feel fine? Should I restrict even further? My doctor has said she wanted me on an 800-1200 calorie diet but to me that was not sustainable in the long run - I knew I'd get frustrated and start going back to old habits.

Where I am now though, I could feasibly see going to 1200 eventually. Before I started this journey I would easily hit 2500-3500 a day (just estimating) so I know the main reason I'm losing is because I've created this big deficit from the normal amount I would consume.

Is it sustainable to keep at the rate I'm going, about 1500-1700 calories a day, or should I be taking in the minimum amount my Fitness Pal states?

submitted by /u/Baristasiren
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31A7qBB

No comments:

Post a Comment