Monday, October 5, 2020

Anyone had success with a “crash diet” to get out of a plateau?

Hey, everyone! So I’m 28/F, 5’2” currently 135lbs.

I first started losing weight about 4 years ago, going from 195lbs to 125lbs. Over the last year or so, I got a little lazy and gained some weight back. I’d been stuck at 142lbs since July of this year, and no matter what I did I couldn’t seem to break out of the plateau. I’m confident that I was calculating my calories correctly, because I was using the same math that helped me lose 70lbs before, but it didn’t seem to matter how much exercise I added or anything; the scale just wouldn’t budge.

This past week, I decided to do an extremely low calorie diet to see if the scale moved at all- if it didn’t, I was going to make an appointment to get my thyroid checked. I only ate 800 calories daily for the past six days, and FINALLY the scale dropped from 142lbs down to 135lbs. I’m now adding calories back so I'm eating at a more normal deficit, I still want to lose another 5lbs or so.

My hope is that the week of crash dieting jumpstarted my weight loss again, and I’ll start seeing normal predictable results. Just curious if anyone else has tried that, and what the results were?

submitted by /u/LittleDot105
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SsUjML

No comments:

Post a Comment