Monday, October 5, 2020

Before and after 140Lb weight loss ... And what it brings.

Firstly, losing weight is hard. It's a mental battle as long as a physical one. Any amount of weight you lose, is amazing and you should be very proud of yourself for doing that. Keep going.

I'm 20 years old, go to University and have been obese all my life. Back in October 23rd, 2019; I weighed my heaviest at 316lb and after a conversation with my bus driver about weight loss, I decided to give it a try. What could go wrong? I thought. So I did it for a month or so and then another and another until I was actively seeing a change in my body. First couple of months It was horrible, I wanted to stop but then I had encouragement from my friends and family to carry on. So, I pushed through and cracked on.

A year later and a lot of not-so-fun dieting, I have finished. It has done wonders to my social life and overall confidence. Hey, I can leave my house without a coat! I can also sit down without crossing my arms over my chest! I even had my first kiss. These little things are still such a foreign concept for me, but its something I can comfortably do without feeling like people are judging me or looking at me.

I wish it were all happy songs and rainbows, however, my mental battle is still raging on. There are times where I look at myself and feel I can do more – and I can, however, not by losing weight. There are times where I feel I’m losing friends due to the weight loss, there are still sides of me which is unhappy. So, when people say losing weight doesn’t always make you happy, they’re correct. You also need to work on your inside, let alone your outside. I am still processing this and it’s upsetting that the work I have done, is still not good enough for my brain to be happy. I have had countless conversations with family and friends telling me that I need to stop losing weight and that I’ve done enough, it gets to be a bore. It feels as if all conversations I have with people is related to my weight loss and you do notice a difference in how you are treated, depressingly.

So, what I’m trying to say is, carry on losing weight. However, do not get attached to the idea that you’ll be fine afterwards because you most likely won’t be. Yes, you might be happier and a hell of a lot more confident, but you will need to work hard to get out of your old mindset and embrace the new you. Trust me, it is hard, but if you can lose weight, you can do it.

I’m 170-80lb, 6Ft and somewhat happy. 😊

Before: https://i.imgur.com/I2PNOsg.png

After: https://i.imgur.com/PXvcmdV.png

submitted by /u/smashedeagle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36uA4Xg

No comments:

Post a Comment