Monday, October 5, 2020

2 Months Weight Loss Plateau (what am doing wrong?)

Hey guys,

Ever since COVID hit, I've decided to take care of my health and lose some weight. At the beginning of the year, I weighed 295 pounds. I am now at 255. I would like to go down to 210-215 pounds. I started reducing my calories, then made myself a boxing set up to train in my house. I have started adding strength training (kettlebells) into my routine about 3 months ago.

For that last 2 months, my weight has been fluctuating between 255 and 258 pounds. However, I did lose some waist, neck, and hips sizes. I also feel a lot better and stronger. My physique has also changed for the better. (I take a picture every month). The pounds are just not decreasing.

I have been tracking my TDEE which says I should eat 2800 calories per day. I must admit I have a hard time reaching that amount. I usually eat between 2200 and 2600 calories per day. I am just not hungry...

Is this plateau normal? Am I doing something wrong? Is it caused by strength training?

Some info about me :

34M, 6'1, 255 pounds

I try to train 4-5 / week. 1-hour training sessions which consist of 30 min strength training (kettlebells) and 30 mins of boxing workout (jump rope, punching bags, shadow boxing, etc.).

Thanks for your help!

submitted by /u/bluecando
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30yvAei

No comments:

Post a Comment