Thursday, October 1, 2020

Finally Making Progress

Hey all,

November 1st of 2020 I took it upon myself to take control of my health. At the time I was this 6'0 650lb guy who had just entered into the first stages of a divorce. After adapting to a healthy eating plan the weight started to come off. The number was moving initially, but I didn't really see any change in my body. After about 6 months, people I knew started mentioning that they could tell I was losing weight. By this time I had lost about 90lbs. As my back, knees and hips stopped hurting as much I was able to start a few physical exercises. It's been 11 months since starting this journey and I've hit a solid -181lbs down. My goal was to lose 200lbs in a year and although close, the weight loss has slowed down some. As much as I want to hit that 200lb mark, I'm ecstatic with the progress I've made so far and even if I miss my goal, I will not see it as a failure.

Here's where I need some input. As an adult with ADHD, let alone poor self image/self esteem, I find relationships are hard to manage. My divorce was finalized earlier this year and I entered the dating scene again. I've met an amazing woman who took the time to get to know me for who I am, not what I am and while I'm delighted, I am not naive to the trouble poor self esteem can cause in this situation. Any tips for improving self image/self esteem during and after weight loss?

submitted by /u/BigBurdBold
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Gpeg4f

No comments:

Post a Comment