Thursday, October 1, 2020

After everything I managed to lose 100lbs!

Today I finally lost 100lbs. Just as I was starting my weight loss journey we got hit with the pandemic. I managed to stay the course and keep going through lockdown. I actually got into riding my bike. I could do 30 miles at a time.

Then just over halfway through my weight loss I got in a car accident and fractured my sternum. It was the top of my sternum where my collar bone connects. So every time I moved my arm it pressed on the fracture. No more bike rides, opening doors, or putting on my own seat belt. No more a lot of things for a few months. Pretty much live in a recliner because I can't lay flat on my back without excruciating pain. Still not 100% recovered from this but I have a lot more mobility in my arms where I can do most things under 10lbs by myself.

Then last week I went to the ER with bad abdominal and chest pain. Turns out I have gallstone with a lot of sludge in my gallbladder. So I will be having surgery next week to remove my gallbladder.

With all the stuff I went through and am still physically recovering from I am having the best day I have had in a long time. I feel like it made losing the 100lbs a lot more difficult but now that I am here it makes it feel that much better.

I could have used any of these reasons to stop and I wanted to. But I am so glad I pushed through. I still have 60 more pounds to go but after all this I know I will get there.

Sticking to a diet is hard. But after you get out of the habit of eating like poop it becomes so much easier.

This post is more about not what I am doing to get healthy but not giving up even if you think you have a really good reason to. Just keep going!

submitted by /u/lots0poopballs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cSHAMD

No comments:

Post a Comment