Thursday, October 1, 2020

I can't believe it's happening.

I had posted earlier stating how I have struggled with obesity my whole life and have tried losing weight many times and did end up losing upto 10kgs but gained it all back. I had an abusive boyfriend who always put me down. And people here were so supportive. It was the first time I openly discussed my internal feelings.

So I took a stand and fucking started with it. I left that boy and I started working on myself. I started journaling and practicing self love. It is very difficult to love yourself when you always keep others feelings above yours. Trust me, it is even painful to put yourself first in the beginning. You feel like you're a bad person. But I wrote all my feelings and I deliberately did what was good for me.

I am one month into this healthy journey and I have lost 6kgs. From 95kg to 89kg in one month. I feel more active. I feel more flexible. I feel so good in my head. I'm 22F and 5'6.

To all those starting their journey, just don't think about weight loss. DONT. Trust me I have done it several times and failed. Even after you lose some weight you'll go back to your old ways and fuck everything up.

YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON BEING HEALTHIER, FITTER AND YOU NEED TO LOVE YOURSELF.

It won't come on its own. You have to be mindful about it. You have to deliberately love yourself and put yourself above others. You have to focus on having a healthy body and putting good food into your body. And the results will come on their own.

I didn't even go on any diet. I just stopped eating junk and did a little portion control. I just worked out to be stronger and not lose my breath every 1 minute. I used to be so self conscious. What if people will stare at me when I run? What if my boobs are bouncing too much? What if they'll make fun of my jiggling thighs and my body? What will people say if I become too picky about the food I eat? They'll think it's just a phase and they'll makes fun of my weight.

I stopped giving a fuck. I stopped looking around. This life is too short. I need to live it to the fullest. You need to be healthier. I'm a physiotherapist and trust me, weight doesn't matter but your fitness does.

This post is becoming too long. I would really like to share in detail about this mindset and what I did to have this thinking. I really love this community and people have helped me so much here. I love you all. And you can fucking do this!

submitted by /u/psychoactive05
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33iCjuI

No comments:

Post a Comment