Tuesday, October 6, 2020

I hate exercise. There, I said it

I know, I know. Exercise is good for you, exercise can help with weight loss, muscle development, balance and strength and loads of other things, and exercise has nothing but benefits and zero downsides.

But I hate it. I hate pretty much all forms of physical activity save from walking. I hate how I feel when I sweat. I hate how everything hurts for days when I exercise even for a few minutes. I hate that 30 seconds of exercise feels like 30 minutes to me because I'm so eager for it to be over with before I even begin doing it. I hate that unless I do seriously hardcore exercise, I'm only going to burn about 20 calories at a time, so it feels completely not worth the effort when I can just eat 20 fewer calories and sit on my butt.

Maybe I just haven't found a form of physical activity I like doing because I imagine if a certain kind of exercise is fun, it won't feel like exercise. Problem is I haven't found one that's even remotely enjoyable. I've tried many things and I hate all of it. I hate yoga, I hate cardio, I hate running, I hate/cannot do dancing, I hate swimming (mostly because I hate being seen in even a t-shirt and shorts) and I hate aerobics. I can usually manage to half-ass pilates and lifting weights, but after about 5 minutes I am so done for about the next 10 years.

For me, getting out of bed in the morning feels like a workout. Plus I have a weak ankle that's prone to rolling and I'm often scared to do anything that would put additional strain on that foot. And when I do force myself to exercise, I do it so half-assed that there's no way it's making any kind of a difference anyway.

I'm kind of afraid to go to a doctor for my stalled weight loss because I know they're going to tell me I have to exercise and I'm going to argue with them about it because I am well aware that exercise is absolutely NOT necessary for weight loss. Helpful, yes, but weight loss can be achieved exclusively through diet. I know because I've done it in the past and my current loss has occurred without the aid of working out. As far as I'm aware, diet = weight loss and exercise = fitness.

Any other lazy lumps in the house? Not really looking for advice, but just wondering how alone I am out on this limb and maybe hear how people's weight loss has progressed without exercising if anyone wants to share.

submitted by /u/BingoHighway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3noL5PS

No comments:

Post a Comment