Friday, October 16, 2020

Lost my first 3lbs!

I’ve been lurking here on this sub for a few weeks and it really inspired me to get started on my weight loss journey.

Some background on myself. Female, 5”5, SW 172 CW169, GW 145. Most of my life I’ve been thin / normal BMI without watching what I ate and just eating when hungry. That’s because I played basketball in high school and used a bike as my mode of transportation in college. I weighed about 130 in high school and unintentionally got down to 118 my freshman year of college (no disordered eating or anything, just a lot of stress and no meal plan at that time). Well I graduated about 5 years ago and slowly the pounds packed on to ~172. I guess I kept waiting to unintentionally lose weight again haha.

I finally realized I needed to make some changes. First cut out alcohol during the week. During COVID I had gotten into a bad habit of a glass or two of wine per night out of boredom. Then started adding on daily 30-60 min walks. I had already been doing spin class 3x per week so I kept that going. I tried this routine for a few weeks but still wasn’t seeing progress. Oct 1 I stumbled on this sub and decided to get serious about calorie and weight tracking. Ordered new batteries for my bathroom scale and downloaded my fitness pal. 2 weeks into CICO at 1400 cals per day and observing my weight trend line and I’m finally seeing progress!

I love that with CICO I can still eat ice cream, Mac and cheese, wine, Mexican food, etc. I just have to budget for it. It’s worth it to eat healthy ~80% of the time because that keeps you fuller and more energized but I sure do love not feeling guilty about that other 20% because I know I’ve saved room for it.

A few things I’ve learned: oatmeal is insanely filling for not that many calories, drinking calories is (almost always) not worth it, giving yourself permission to ‘eat back’ calories from exercising gives you motivation to exercise in the first place which in turn gives you more energy, my kitchen spoons are actually a tablespoon and a teaspoon respectively as long as it’s not heaping, I can ‘bank’ calories during the week and save them for some extra weekend eating as long as my weekly calories are on pace. So far, I’ve learned losing weight doesn’t have to be miserable.

I know I haven’t yet made the insane progress some of you have (hats off to those of you who have lost like 100lbs!!!), but this is a big moment for me because it’s the first time I’ve intentionally and successfully moved the needle down. Thanks for inspiring me and for all the tips so far!!

submitted by /u/kuzzy235
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lZ8GVX

No comments:

Post a Comment