Friday, October 16, 2020

My weight loss has halted for some time now and I am unsure why

I am a 20 y/o male, 166 pounds. I had started my weight loss journey back in June of this year and I have lost 30.20 pounds. I tried to maintain a healthier 1500 daily calorie diet; 5-6 days of full body workouts; long walks and sports from June to mid August. I lost 23 pounds in that time frame and when I compared the pictures of my body as weeks progressed, there were noticeable changes in my physique (my waist was shorter but there weren't really any striking changes to my muscle growth). Now from mid-August to mid-September, I finally got access to resistance bands so I decided to do workouts for my arms, back, legs, and chest by following a push/pull/leg split routine (1-1.5 hour workouts, 5 days in a week, 2 rest days). I had some more protein and continued following my 1500-1600 daily calorie diet. However, my weight didn't really change as I lost only 2.5 pounds. There were days (3-4) when that I had 2500-2800 calories but I made sure to try to fix them by working out more intensely the next few days [I used to have a bad eating disorder in the past binge eating a lot of sweets but I am trying my best to continue to fix that]. The problem is, even with all that, I am not seeing much muscle growth after all these 2 months of workouts in my body measurements. In fact, it looks like I decreased in muscle mass which kind of scared me. I was at my lowest 1.5 weeks ago weighing at 163 lbs but now I am starting to see my weight increase daily as it has to 166 pounds today even when I am still following my 1500-1600 calorie diet. The fat around my belly has looked the exact same for 2 months and I am not sure if this is a red flag . I workout 3-4 times weekly now and my training intensity has oddly improved overall. I also get my recommended 7-8 hours of sleep in case if anyone is wondering. Do I need to stop with my calorie deficit? I still want to continue losing body fat but not at the expense of my muscles anymore.

tldr: Followed a 1500 daily calorie diet for some time now. My weight loss has slowed down, muscle growth has decreased. Not sure if it is a result of my diet or training.

submitted by /u/smash_player123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31aUAZh

No comments:

Post a Comment