Wednesday, October 21, 2020

[NSV] Didn't, on a cheat day, eat all of my fast food "to get it out of the house," and tracked it later.

I have a friend that I hangout with every couple weeks where basically we always do the same thing:

Head to a store, buy a couple 2L of pop and a couple bags of chips, and then get takeout and watch a movie or two.

I've been doing better with eating well, lately. And when that's the case, I always half-dread these hangouts, because I kind of want to order something lighter and do better, but I kind of want to go all out, but I have a standard cheat day every week, so this means two... Blah blah.

Yesterday we hungout and my pal wanted to order some takeout. We got Burger King, and he convinced me to get sooo much more than was necessary (I'm not blaming him, I'm responsible for my own weight loss, I just mean when we hangout I definitely get enabled). Well, I also have a really bad habit that whenever I eat out on a cheat day, I end up eating it all, even if I'm over full. I'll do this either initially, or later on I'll finish off the leftovers. The idea behind this is that I'm worried that eating the food the next day will derail that day, too, and then boom, two cheat days.

Not this time. I got about halfway through my mountain of food and I was very full, so I threw the rest in the fridge. Here's the good thing about big fast food chains: It's really easy to get the nutrition facts. So today, I went back and tracked it all. Yesterday I was just over 3,000 calories over my goal. Now, that's not precise, because chips and dip are a little hard to estimate (I just try to be pessimistic, if anything, and roll with it). But there it is. Am I proud of that? No, that's pretty gross, to be honest. My calorie goal is a 1,000 calorie deficit, so I went about 2,000 over maintenance, or in other words, theoretically gained over half a pound yesterday. Ew.

BUT, there is accountability. Yesterday feels a little less like a "cheat day," and a little more like a big fuckup that I still have tracked and am ready to deal with. Today, I'm going to have at least some of my leftovers, but I'm going to stay under my calorie goal. I find tracking stuff on cheat days, as much as it isn't as fun, really helps hold me accountable and keeps my from going fully off the rails by having a second cheat day in a row. And hey, if I'd eaten ALL of that food last night? It would have been even more disgusting of a day, I just wouldn't have tracked it to know.

submitted by /u/I_Love_That_Pizza
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mb0AcW

No comments:

Post a Comment