Wednesday, October 21, 2020

SV: Lost 20ish lbs sustainably!

When my eating habits were really bad, I weight 196. I was able to get that down to 184 after I got help with my depression, but at 5'3 that's still overweight. So last October, I decided to pursue weight loss. Unfortunately, I went about it completely wrong. I lost 10 lbs over the course of the month, but in an unhealthy way. I counted calories like a maniac and basically starved myself. I seriously missed all the high calorie foods I was regularly eating before - that's all I could think about. So naturally, I fell off the wagon and was back up to 190 by Feb of this year. When COVID hit, I decided to pursue weight loss again, but slowly and properly this time. It wasn't enough to just count calories, I had to cook wholesome healthy foods; I basically had to undo all the fast food high calorie meals from my college days and depressive episodes.

So I started in April. Just counted calories loosely, but allowed myself any treat I want as long as I made it myself. By July, I was down to 178. I was happy that I was losing and it wasn't taking over my thoughts, but wondered what else I could do.

Then I saw a slaughterhouse documentary.

It didn't get me to transform into a vegan overnight (yeah yeah yeah, cognitive dissonance, I know), but not for nothing, it got me to swear off fast food completely. Regardless of your stance on eating meat in general, you can't argue that the animals used for fast food meat live happy lives. It's also bad for the environment! I used to eat fast food nearly every day; I haven't had it or craved it AT ALL since I saw that documentary in July.

The combination of working from home and no more fast food made it super easy to WANT to start cooking for myself. I've found a bunch of tasty low calorie foods that I'm now more drawn to. And because I generally eat low calorie? I can have that blueberry donut from Dunkin as a treat and not even sweat it.

Now it's October, and I'm down to 169, but sustainably! I don't feel like I starved myself or went crazy to get here. I haven't been in the 160s since college and I'm so happy I could cry.

Just wanted to share with y'all and wish everyone luck on their journeys!!!

submitted by /u/insaneklausposse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35qDU1A

No comments:

Post a Comment