Thursday, October 1, 2020

NSV: haven’t succumbed to cravings for a week!

I had a bit of a NSV today, I haven’t succumbed to any of my cravings for a week, and now after a week of sticking to my meal plan, I don’t really get anywhere near the cravings I go before, and I finally feel content with the healthy food that I am eating.

I know this may seem like a small thing to many of you, but cravings normally dominate me all day, and it’s so easy to end up eating a cake or a bag of Doritos. But after thinking about it, I just thought what is the point? I have 2 minutes of fun when I enjoy the taste, but then feel like shit afterwards!

It may sound cliche, but the key thing that helped me is making “food is fuel, not comfort” my mantra. Whenever I felt like eating bad food, I would ask myself if the food is worth screwing up my day of healthy eating! I also found drinking more water (instead of diet soda) significantly reduced my hunger, and that is a big part of cravings!

I hope this can inspire some people to not cave into their cravings, just as so many posts on this sub-reddit have helped me on my weight loss journey so far.

I’ve just started a 35 day challenge (until the end of October) because My weight loss stalled after losing 45lbs these past few months (check my profile for details and pics) and that has also helped me. I for one, love having structure in my life. It helps to keep me on track. My goal is to lose 25lbs more, then I’ll FINALLY be happy!

Hopefully, I shall soon return to this sub with a SV post marking me finally hitting one-derland.

Thank you to everyone of you who post on this sun, for giving me the will power to carry on when I could easily give up.

submitted by /u/Jack-Dick-King
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SiEWX0

No comments:

Post a Comment