Thursday, October 1, 2020

Advices on Binge Eating Disorder "therapy"

BED = Binge Eating Disorders (in my case the urge to feel "full" of food but it is a very basic summary)

Hello everyone, I'm here to provide you with my journey on my BED "treatment", please feel free to post comments with your advice or review on this

Some context : I have BED mainly associated with stress / boredom and when I start the "cycle" it doesn't end after several months.

I've already performed several diets and losing each year for 3 years 30 kilos then gaining them all back, they were all kind of "hard diet" with 5/7 days of sport

Now I've been back on the BED and this time is way worse than the other times since even with food in the fridge i will order on deliveroo/ubereats even if it's not diet food in the fridge the urge to order was insane (this was two weeks ago)

Now I'm followed by a therapist about that and I'm mainly focusing on CICO while looking for eating to reach my daily goal instead of trying to optimize it I'm doing the opposite, always trying to reach it so i do carve anything

On the previous diet I liked the fast that I was able to lose 20 kilos in 3 to 4 months but after 3 times that diet it proved to be not-achievable on long term

For now based on my therapist input my goals are as follow :

- Focus on losing the BED habit

- Focus on moving more during the day (Walks, sport, ...) but never overextend

- Weight loss is too early : focus on eating correctly

But unfortunately I'm struggling a lot with the weight loss since I would like to see the results quickly, I'm feeling horrible and ugly because of that and I know that my well-being is vastly dependent on that, and even if I've been free from BED for 14 days and the urge is not there so it's super cool because I'm able to control the BED but I'm still struggling to feel good / look forward and accept that I must leave my body lose weight at a slow pace, to be maintainable over time.

Do you think this is ok ? Sorry for the long message and thank you a lot for your reviews

submitted by /u/Darkvirusk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jxmeqw

No comments:

Post a Comment