Wednesday, October 21, 2020

NSV - Lady at my gym complimented my weight loss and muscle gains!

This is my first post after months of lurking on here. I wanted to share this validating moment at my gym.

A little bit of background - my journey started back in June. Right after COVID had begun I was participating in all these bad habits (drinking, smoking, overeating, inactivity) that were starting to take a toll on my mental health. While this was happening I had to visit my family last minute due to a health scare with my father. All of these issues he was going through were preventable - heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure - the works! I had this moment where I didn't want to put my future family in that position, I didn't want to live my life that way. Something clicked, and I've gone from 198 lbs to 178 lbs through CICO and really focusing on weightlifting. The focus on weight lifting has changed my shape quite a bit, since I never truly focused on my upper body before. I have a ways to go, my goal is to hit 140, but I've really enjoyed the journey so far! I've committed to keeping my weight loss progress slow, in order to make it truly sustainable (avg 1 lb a week).

Typically I hit the gym around 4-5 times a week (mixing in cardio as well) and make it a point to talk with all the staff. Since we really see each other often, it's only natural. This week I was speaking to one of the ladies in Spanish about the neighborhood (we're one of the few latinas in the area) and during our conversation she mentioned that she really admired my commitment to come to the gym regularly. She said she wished her daughters had that drive and that she loved seeing me not shy away from the weights like a lot of other women do.

It was such a quick little moment but it really made me feel proud of what I've done so far. I'm excited to see what the future holds since I can truly see myself doing this for a long time.

TLDR; Lady at my gym gave me a compliment and I felt seen :)

submitted by /u/AMillyMiles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dL8bvL

No comments:

Post a Comment