Wednesday, October 21, 2020

96 days into a focused CICO/fasting/exercise lifestyle, and thrilled with the results -- but for the past week I have suddenly been extremely and unpleasantly hungry, all the time. Nothing obvious has changed, so what might be going on?

I imagine that stress could play a part in this, because this is an almost unbearable time for me generally, but for whatever reason I've found over the past few days that I'm just starving, constantly, and I have no idea why. Even immediately after eating what would have been a filling meal for me a month ago, I still feel those empty pangs. I don't imagine I'm burning any more calories than usual, as if anything I've curtailed my exercise regimen slightly due to how swamped with work I've been. Still, I'm eating the calories I've set out as my goal for each day, and some days a very tiny bit more. My weight loss continues at a steady (if slightly slower) rate.

I got through three months of this without this problem and am not sure why I suddenly feel like an empty barrel all the time now. All I want to do is eat an entire pizza or bag of chips or a bag of cookies and it's really starting to freak me out. Just today I found myself with the peanut butter jar open and a spoon in my hand and I don't even really remember how I got there.

A vitamin deficiency, maybe? I eat a varied diet that prioritizes fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins; I also take a daily multivitamin as well as supplemental D, C and B12. I guess it's possible that something in here isn't enough even with all of this, but I have to confess that precisely tracking every vitamin I ingest is beyond my ability at this point.

Could it be the cold? The temperature is dropping significantly here after a mild spell, especially at night, and I haven't turned the heaters on in my apartment yet. Presumably this must have some impact, as my body is working slightly harder to stay warm or whatever, but I don't know if it could have this noticeable an impact. This is my first winter, ever, trying to do something like this. There's probably a lot I haven't thought about.

What do you think? Has anyone experienced a sudden bout of this after a long period of seeming consistency?

submitted by /u/ColonelBy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kltNkN

No comments:

Post a Comment