Monday, October 5, 2020

Recalculating TDEE and daily calories - is this right?

Thank you in advance for your opinions! I’m 5’4”, 186lbs, 37/f. I started calorie counting a few months ago and because I was sedentary, reduced my intake to around 1200-1300 a day. Lost about 10 pounds over the course of two months, which was good! I was happy with it because I was cutting mostly in the week and eating maintenance on the weekends.

I slowly added in exercise and now would say I’m at a moderate level each week (I think??). I swim twice a week 70laps/hour, one day of HIIT kettlebell work that’s about 30 minutes, and then at least one dumbbell weight training/cardio sessions that last an hour.

This whole time I haven’t felt hungry or overly weakened even though I’m still eating around 1,300 calories a day along with working out. But my weight loss has stalled and I kinda keep springing back and forth between the weekends and weeks. (I do my best to track on the weekends, but I have a feeling this is largely where I’m letting myself down.)

Recalculating my TDEE with my increased exercise, it says my daily maintenance is 2,550, which seems so. high. Even if I cut the daily 500 out and eat only 2,000 it still seems high. Even the idea of adding another 400-500 calories on top of what I’ve been doing feels counterintuitive. But I’m a believer in CICO and willing to try increasing, but I wanted to double and triple check here first.

So increase protein intake along with calories to around 1700-1800, maintain exercise levels, and lock down my weekend intakes. Is that a solid plan?

submitted by /u/Disobedientmuffin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jz3VS7

No comments:

Post a Comment