Monday, October 5, 2020

Accountability post

I have such a mental block about weight loss. I eat my feelings, and then get into this like, belligerent “eff it all” state of mind and just binge. It’s like doing CICO makes this lizard part of my brain go into fight or flight mode about deprivation and I just eat everything in sight. I was doing quite well up until about 6 months ago, when lots of life changes happened. CICO got too overwhelming so I decided to give intuitive eating a try.. which resulted in me gaining back a good 6-8 pounds. Which reignited my eff it all attitude and I’m procrastinating weighing myself to see the damage. But the damage is visible when I look in the mirror.

So. I’m starting again. It’s going to be a rough week. But I need to remind myself that it is okay to feel hungry. I’m going to focus on snacks that are healthier options. I’m going to stop eating an entire bag of chips after my kids go to bed. But even writing that out I feel the anxiety rising and want to just eat whatever I want whenever I want. Because LiFeS tOo ShOrT. But life is also too short to be unhappy and unhealthy.

Any tips on how to overcome this mental block? Any sinfully delicious snack ideas that aren’t sinfully calorific? Haha

submitted by /u/SmartLlama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d0rYXp

No comments:

Post a Comment