Saturday, October 10, 2020

starting my journey! again :-)

hello, f20/5’4” here. sometime back in march i had successfully gotten to my first goal weight, 170lbs, from a starting point of 200lbs. i won’t get in to how long it took me to lose a 30lbs because it took me way longer than i’m proud to admit, but the physical changes were really noticeable for me. i felt more energetic, and my face was slimmer and more structured. my neck didn’t feel/look as thick, and i could see a jawline. my thighs didn’t touch as much, and my belly wasn’t as round. i was a size 8 and could fit into M/L tops. boys noticed me more. some of these things might be kinda weird to notice, but those little things did wonders to my confidence that i didn’t feel so much pressure to drop quickly to my second goal weight at 150lbs. this sub, as well as IF, 1200isplenty, and progresspics were the main contributors to losing weight this time around.

however, when quarantine hit, i began gaining weight again (like many others). i first got up to 175lbs, thinking it was the bloating from the extra rice i was eating since i was now back at home and not at university. then 180lbs, and i thought, “losing the 10lbs will be super easy! i’ll take my time.” and now, weighing it at 190lbs, i just feel so sad. the clothes that i bought when i hit 170lbs to celebrate my weight loss don’t fit anymore. i look back at old pictures that were from mere months ago, and notice how i look completely different. i can’t see the lines on my neck anymore, my face looks constantly bloated, and i can feel the rolls in my back again. i want to visit a boy i was talking to before the pandemic, but now i don’t want him to see me until i lose the weight again. i wonder if my friends can notice through facetime, or if my colleagues notice over zoom that i’m looking round.

but like many before me who have gained back what they lost, if we can do it once, we can do it again. i’m posting this to vent and also to keep myself accountable to start today and not tomorrow. here’s to the second time around!

submitted by /u/sweetpjm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30NAYdx

No comments:

Post a Comment