Saturday, October 10, 2020

My Dad being my hero, even though I’m 40

My Dad just had emergency surgery to fix a mighty big blockage in his heart. I came in from out of state to make sure he had someone and help him recover. I haven’t seen my Dad in 3 years. We aren’t particularly close, though we love each other tons. I’ve been working on my weight loss for about 4 months, and I’m not near my goal yet, but I’ve made quite a bit of progress. Dad is literally being my cheerleader. “You look so great”. “That dress is adorable” “Yes, I’ll give that Chia Pudding a try!” I was worried he may judge my food scale and me counting calories. Nope. He’s counting his along with me. Worried that the last 25 years of him relying on fast food would stifle my plans of cooking healthy at home. Nope, again. He’s eating everything I make, including chocolate avocados balls. He HATES avocados. Man, that protein fluff “ice cream” is pretty awful, but he ate it instead of the ice cream in his freezer. I go walking as he’s winding down for bed, and he asks how many steps I have, how many to go, and in the morning asks about my walk and tells me “good job” regardless of if I hit my goals.
I know most definitely that he will go right back to hotdogs every day when I leave, but oh my god, it is an awesome feeling for your dad to not only cheer you on, but enthusiastically join in with you so you don’t cheat yourself. So for the dads out there, regardless of how old your kids are, or how estranged you may be; You’re Dad. Dads a super hero and him saying good job never loses the magic.

submitted by /u/theOGpoorsquirrel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30R34oB

No comments:

Post a Comment