Saturday, October 10, 2020

Life is too short.

This will most likely get lost or buried under other posts but I figured I would spill my thoughts while they're still fresh on my mind.

In the midst of another binging episode earlier today, a particular thought came to mind that really made me pause and reflect on my weight loss journey. This last week has been very rough, multiple binges despite the loads of encouragement and inspiration I've received from this subreddit alone. Despite it stalling my weight loss, it's also taken a huge hit to my mental and emotional health which directly affects my success on this journey. Laying back in the seat of my car, 3000-4000 calories in, on the verge of another mental breakdown, a simple, yet profound thought rose from the ashes:

Life is simply too short.

I think on this journey of losing weight whether it be 15, 50, or even 100+ pounds, we forget that we have an obligation to ourselves to enjoy life. People tend to sacrifice or even give up their sense of happiness and joy on the quest to losing x amount of pounds. As if weight loss has to be this grueling, strict, and straight-shot victory on the scale. Whether your morbidly obese or the most shredded guy in the gym, one thing we all share in common as human beings is the prospect of death. I say that as a matter of perspective, and not to discourage anyone. That being the case I feel as if everyone should find different ways to maintain their happiness and fulfilling lifestyle with a healthy weight simply being the by-product. This is something I've failed to do within the last 2 years of losing and putting weight back on, which I believe is the cause of me being stuck at square one. Every "day 1" I feel as if I'm giving up something, or attempting to become someone I'm not mentally when in reality I'm the same exact person with feelings and emotions.

Please take care of your mental well-being as much as your physical on this life changing journey. It is more than possible to be just as happy on day 1 as is on day 1000. Life is too short to waste your time letting your emotions win and keeping you in this constant loop of misery. I know it's not easy just speaking from experience, but it's at least something I'm willing to try starting tomorrow morning.

Everyone deserves to be happy regardless of their size and journey.

You deserve to be happy.

submitted by /u/theboyteezy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dfZIAg

No comments:

Post a Comment