Friday, October 16, 2020

SV: Today marks my lowest weight in at least 9 years. SW: 224.7 CW: 192.6 GW1:165

34/F, 5'9.5" (I've given up on saying 5'10", but dammit I'm taking that half-inch.)

This go-around of weight loss began in July, and is brought to you by fear of COVID complications from being obese, experiencing symptoms from high-blood sugar, and the very real fear of being diagnosed with diabetes (was one point below the cut off number in two criteria on the fasting glucose tolerance test, grandmother had diabetes).

Four days ago I weighed 197.5, the high point of a 5-pound fluctuating plateau (oxymoron, but also completely describes my situation). I've done my best to stick to a low-carb 1440cal/day diet with very few cheat days, and while I know weight loss isn't directly linear, seeing that high number (again) was not making me happy.

Getting below 200lbs was a milestone, sure, but as I can see roughly 9 years of MyFitnessPal data, I can also see that I'd been below it 4 times previously, and gone back up after each. I think I even vowed to stay under it the time before this, 3.5 years ago. This time, I have a new goal: Get below 190. Nowhere in my tracking history am I below that lowest line. I want to make the graph have to zoom out to show my progress.

Thankfully after that high point, my downward trend resumed, and I got curious about the other low valleys on my report. I looked them up, and I'm 0.4lbs below the lowest. Will I be above it tomorrow? There's a good chance. Am I celebrating prematurely? Likely. Would it make more sense to wait and post about going below 190 when that happens? Yep. But I needed a win today, and I got it, so here I am.

9 years of MFP weight data

submitted by /u/emilyj0y
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H5TXcP

No comments:

Post a Comment