Tuesday, October 6, 2020

To my friends and family: Thank you for your concern but I'm not starving myself its called CICO

I'm sure lots of others have experienced the same thing before. Your friends or family notice your weight loss or it gets brought up somehow. You explain how you've done it. In my case 1600-1800 calories per day and no breakfast(lazy IF). Then you get the rant about how you still need to eat enough food while your losing weight. My dad is the worst for it, I'll bring up how much progress I've made in a month or some amount of time and then I'll get a slightly passive aggressive "don't starve yourself, you need to still eat". I'll also add that he has done CICO and lost about 30lbs of his own.

I just don't understand this mentality, like yes I know how much I'm eating. I track what I eat, I count the calories, and I know how much I should eat. If I were Obese or gaining weight I'd be getting the "you've gained some weight this summer" or "maybe you should go on a diet" I usually wouldn't get too much of that from friends when I was obese but my own family including both my parents would say stuff like that every now and then.

I just don't get the mentality of it and it drives me crazy any time anyone says something like that. Like say good job or something positive, and if you're not going to do that just don't tell me to eat more.

submitted by /u/Vogako
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d4uyfm

No comments:

Post a Comment