Saturday, October 24, 2020

Weight while on seroquel (quetiapine)

I’m currently on seroquel, and have had the typical and expected weight gain (30lbs over 3 months). This has been devastating especially because I had reached my goal weight at the beginning of summer and felt so great about myself - confident, beautiful, strong.

Anyway on this drug I now have a voracious appetite and am consumed by obsessive thoughts about what I will eat next. Not much will actually satisfy me, unless I eat a very high protein, high fat, high calorie meal. I was told by my doctor that the reason for weight gain with this class of drugs is twofold: 1) increased appetite and 2) altered metabolic pathways leading to increased fat storage. I can’t do much about the latter, but I can control the former.

That said, are there any suggestions to satisfy my appetite, tricks to distract myself, foods or diets that are better at managing weight, etc? In terms of physical activity, is there a better type of exercise (ie cardio vs strength vs HIIT vs yoga)? Should I be aiming for the “fat loss” heart rate in cardio?

And looking to the future, my doctor has agreed that I can come off of the drug within the next month. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with weight loss after stopping the medication? For example: is the weight loss harder than “normal” weight loss / does the weight stick for longer?

I’ve already searched the sub but there are only small threads, so I’m looking for more info.

Thank you so much!

submitted by /u/ekoozie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ju6cwS

No comments:

Post a Comment