Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Advice for Overcoming 2-Month Plateau (18F 5'6" SW:180 CW:150 GW:130)

Hello Lose It community! This is my first post on this sub. I'm an 18yo female who started at 180 and have been plateauing at 150 for the past two months now. This is a long post, but I wanted to include as much information as I could because I'm not sure what exactly is causing this extended plateau.

I've used a few different online calculators, and my BMR is around 14-1500 calories per day. I've been using the Lose It app since April of this year (2020) and have logged every single day honestly and religiously. With a strict diet of 1200 calories per day and lots of exercise, I lost 30 pounds in the first five months, but then plateaued somewhere around September and haven't been able to lose a single pound since.

I've heard many times that weight loss is simply about the numbers, and if you're on a deficit, there's no way not to lose weight. However, I've run the numbers countless times and for the past couple months I haven't seen nearly the results I should be seeing based on my calculations.

I started paying attention to how much protein I ate a few months in, and I make sure I have at least 60-90 grams every day. I lift light weights a couple times a week and do 20-30 mins of cardio (Just Dance) every night before dinner. I'm an online student, so I'm mostly sedentary outside of planned exercise, but lately I've started standing up during class (5+ hrs a day) because I heard it's better than sitting all day.

I have to mention two big things that I think may be affecting my weight loss: First, I'm a student at a Japanese college but was unable to go to Japan due to Covid, so I'm living in America taking online classes in Japan time, which means my waking hours are 6pm to 7-8am. Obviously, this is not a normal sleep schedule, and I'm sure it's not healthy for my body, but there's nothing I can do about it until I'm able to fly to Japan early next year. Also, about sleep, I've always had sleeping problems and can't remember the last time I felt rested waking up, no matter how long or short I slept or if it was during the day or night. I had a sleep study done once when I was 9 and once again a few months ago, and they found no irregularities, so I have no idea why my sleep is the way that it is. I know that getting good sleep is essential to weight loss, but I haven't slept well since I was a little kid, so I don't know what to do about that. Second, I have GAD, and right now is an extremely stressful time in my life for several reasons, one of which being my upcoming flight to Japan, which I have to jump through several hoops to make happen in this post-Covid era. I know that the release of cortisol can impede weight loss, and I'm trying to start doing things like meditation and guided breathing, but I'm very much a ball of stress right now.

Am I eating too little calories per day? Is my weight loss stalled due to the abnormal sleep schedule and stress and there's nothing I can do but try to maintain for now? Basically, what am I doing wrong and what are some things I can start trying to do better? I'd really appreciate any advice or help from people who may have had a similar experience (night shift workers, etc.). I've come this far and have no intention of giving up, but I am very discouraged from not being able to lose a single pound in 2 months after dropping 30 so quickly, so any advice on staying motivated would also be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/shinuzo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/366Ioui

No comments:

Post a Comment