Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Back on it again since August and this time for good

Hey everyone. I'm Lotta(F28) and I've been overweight/obese since I was a child. When I was 19-20 years old I weighed myself for the first time in a long time and I was 103kg(227lbs), shocked to have crossed the 100kg mark I decided it was finally time to get my weight under control.

I started eating healthy, or what I thought was healthy at the time. However I know now I was eating way too little and not getting enough nutrients. I only ate salad and fruit, and way too little at that. I wasn't counting calories because I was afraid I would get too obsessive over it but I really should have, I now estimate I was only eating around 700-900 calories a day. Maybe even less.

I ended up losing 20kg(44lbs) in a 2-6 month span. I was really active as well, walking and jogging. I kept the weight off for a couple of years, I weighed myself pretty regularly and had started counting calories as well but I wasn't "on a diet" anymore and obviously the weight wasn't going down any more than that. Although I felt good I remember thinking often that I need to lose more weight and I wasn't happy with my body.

Then I got depression, and started gaining again, didn't track my weight/calories/anything. Couple years from that, ups and downs, went to see a psychiatrist and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I got medication for that, and one of the side effects was weight gain due to a bigger appetite. I remember weighing around this time and I was a little over 100kg again. I was focused on getting my mental health in check and didn't track my food/weight. 6-12 months later I weighed in at 118kg(260lbs) and realised I had to change something.

I was able to lose 10kg in 6-12 months, then I just stayed at 108 for some years. I think I wasn't ready to take it any further. Finally, this August I decided to get my weight down again. I had seen some old pictures of me when I was down to 80kg and I was amazed at how great and healthy I looked. Then I remembered how I had felt that time that I was so fat and had to lose more weight. But I looked so great, I was in the shape of my life so I knew that I had to change my mindset or it didn't matter how much weight I would lose.

This time I'm focusing on sustainable weight loss, nothing is really off limits as long as it fits into my calories. I'm eating around 1600 calories for weight loss. Starting at 107,2kg, now, 3 months in I'm at 92,8kg, which is a 14,5kg loss. (32lbs)

I don't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything, and this time I really feel like I can make it to my goal of being 80kg and keeping the weight off for life. I had heard time and time again that it is a lifestyle change but this time something inside me just clicked. I think I just wasn't ready for a lifestyle change before this.

Good luck to everyone else here beginning and continuing on with their journeys :)

submitted by /u/LottaEveliina
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IpUabm

No comments:

Post a Comment