Thursday, May 27, 2021

Accepting my limitations at 24

I was recently diagnosed with bipolar 2. Over the years I have struggled to maintain a workout/cooking routine, which looking back was because my hypomanic episodes had me super crazy motivated, energetic, optimistic, and dropping weight like crazy. Losing weight was my big focus. Then I would crash and go into a depressive episode, lose the routines, and my weight loss flatlined. I used to gain when depressed. I’m proud that I now maintain!

This cycle has frustrated me to no end for years. Now that I understand that I will always have to watch out for crashes, I’ve begun to accept I can’t hold myself to a “normal” standard. I have to adapt and I have to go at my own pace.

As much as I would love to drop 10lbs a month, I can’t do that consistently. But, I can learn to be content maintaining when depressed, eating at a smaller deficit, and accepting my limited energy and adjusting my workout routine accordingly.

I know this is so much easier said than done. When I’m down, I feel pathetic for not being able to do things other 24 year olds can do. But my priority has to be my mental health, because without that my physical health will suffer. I’m learning. I’m fighting jealousy seeing others lose weight so quickly, stick to routines consistently, and do normal things for their age. But I can do it, it will just take more time than I was hoping. If anyone is experiencing something similar, I hope this post encouraged you to keep going. Thanks for reading to those who did. Love this sub!

submitted by /u/sakuracha7
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fpTuR1

No comments:

Post a Comment