Saturday, May 29, 2021

My Weight loss app is suggesting a calorie budget of 800 a day. Is that a safe amount?

It was originally 1300 which I can easily stay under but I checked the settings and it had me down as highly active. I'm not active in the slightest. I scaled it down to not active - and it suggested around 700 and something calories/day. It gave me a lot of warnings about minimum calories being 1200, which makes sense, but eventually said minimum w/o supervision from a doctor is 800 (still over the recommendation but oh well - I set it to that).

I know for a fact I can consume 800 calories a day because yesterday I was at 760 total and not hungry (but I ate more because I was concerned I was too under budget - currently regretting that, but oh well).

I'm 5'6", weigh 145lbs, want to go down to 120lbs (a healthy weight for my body - I used to weight 115 naturally). I really am not active at all. I'm trying to go on daily walks but while I'm still in classes that's hard - will be starting it frequently in two weeks though. I want to lose 2lbs a week, ideally. However, I want to avoid going into "starvation mode" because I know that hampers weight loss. I'd really like to lose the weight through dieting if it's possible, just until I have more time to exercise. And even then - light exercise ideally. But I want to lose it safely and actually stay that lower weight.

If I'm truly not active at all, is 800 calories too low of a budget? Can I avoid starvation mode and still do 800 calories a day? I just want to accurately and safely lose weight! With the pandemic and classes, dieting has to be my go-to method, at least for the first two weeks.

submitted by /u/historicalsewingx101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3fyF3KM

No comments:

Post a Comment