Sunday, May 30, 2021

Confidence

M20, 5’7”, SW: 92kg, CW: 70kg/154lbs

So today was the first time I took full body pictures after my 20kg weight loss. It was the first time I actually felt so so so confident taking full body pictures. It’s crazy because I feel and look like a completely brand new person, even my siblings didn’t recognise the new me and were surprised. At times it’s a bit weird because I genuinely don’t recognise my new self and I get like a really strange sensation not sure how to explain itπŸ˜….

But anyways I thought back to my former bigger self and I really do pity him, he went through so much to get to where I am today and I know this sounds a bit weird but I do wish he had the same confidence back then that the new me has today, life would have been so much easier. But hey it’s in the past now and I’ve kinda learned to make peace with it so I can finally move on.

However, after a lot of thinking I’ve come to the realisation that I use to use me being fat as a “scapegoat” I’d say for a lot of my problems. For example not wearing certain clothes because I would think that it wouldn’t look nice on me or not talking to certain girls because I thought that they’d reject me because of my weight. But that was never the case, it was all in my head because I was such in a negative mindset at the time. Now that the weight has come off I’ve had to address those problems because it wasn’t actually about my weight, it was about me!

Which is why it’s essential to love yourself and be comfortable in your body no matter what before the weight loss journey. Or learn to love yourself day by day whilst you’re on it, even if you’re not on one! It may be hard but I promise you, you’ll never regret it.

submitted by /u/arm_and0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3g2jOA2

No comments:

Post a Comment