Thursday, May 27, 2021

Advice to deal with people commenting on weight loss

Hello! (F 5’1 SW 178 CW 150 GW ~130).

I started losing weight in Jan/Feb of 2021 after about a year of Med changes + the pandemic leading to ~20 lb gain. I mostly have been using Noom to track calories and monitor progress. I typically go to the gym and do a mix of cardio/Pilates 3 times a week and did so before starting any sort of diet. I also have been back to work in an active setting with lots of walking and lifting so I know that has contributed a ton to my weight loss.

I was away on a work assignment from the end of feb-end of April. Now that I am back my friends, colleagues, and acquaintances are noticing the change in my weight and commenting a ton. I don’t mind those that are saying “you look so good/happy/healthy.”

Unfortunately I’ve been dealing with a few people that have been making me uncomfortable with comments. Specifically a girl I know from the gym that has asked multiple times how I’m doing it/do we need to worry about you are you eating kind of things. She also comments “look it’s skinny mini or similar every time she sees me.” The other one making me uncomfortable is an employee (janitor) at the gym who has comments 5+ times in the past week. All nice things but it’s making me very body conscious and makes me not want to go to the gym because I feel like everyone is looking at and judging my body which I had never felt before at this gym.

I guess I am hoping that someone will have advice on how to process this or reframe these kind of comments to try to limit the discomfort. I know my mind is going to- they never commented on my weight when I was heavier so why do they feel like they can/should now especially since I have never talked to these people about wanting to lose weight. I don’t really like talking about it so I try to deflect but also know that isn’t helping so much (ex “did you lose weight?” My Response “yes I’m less fat now”).

Any help would be appreciated. Currently I’m just wearing baggy clothes and trying to sign up only to times where I can avoid seeing a lot of people.

submitted by /u/almondcashewcoconut
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wBVVWv

No comments:

Post a Comment