Saturday, May 29, 2021

Set an “Oh $hit!” Weight for yourself. Even if you start gaining again, it helps you from gaining too much back.

41/F. 5’4” HW: 167, CW 159 GW: 135

A long time ago when I first started my weight loss process, I weighed 166. I decided right then that I was NEVER going to weigh more than that again. I made it my OH $HIT! weight. In the following 15 years, I have dieted, exercised, fallen off the wagon for a variety of reasons, started over, fallen off, rinse and repeat. But since I made that rule for myself, I have been able to catch myself and DO something before spiraling out of control. It has been a good wake up call for me over the years that I’m sliding too deeply back into bad habits.

So many of us work so hard to lose weight and then something happens and it starts creeping back on and then next thing you know, you’ve gained all your weight back and then some. Set a point for yourself, not your current weight or goal weight but a realistic weight that you just can’t go over again. Give yourself some room for when you are overwhelmed and stressed but set a ceiling for yourself.

I know some people see this as planning to fail. I see it as mitigating bad points in my life.

submitted by /u/BearGrowlARRR
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wJ83oQ

No comments:

Post a Comment