Sunday, May 30, 2021

How to transition off Keto

I was going to post this on r/Keto, but the people over there honestly don’t seem to like when stop doing Keto or talk even remotely negatively about it

So for the past month (35 days to be more accurate) I’ve been doing the Keto diet to help with my weight loss, as I had hit a plateau and was stuck hovering around 220lbs for months. 35 days later and I now weight 196.2 (the lowest I’ve weighed in five years!!!). The diet definitely worked for me, but it’s been miserable. I don’t really enjoy eating food anymore and I’ve been so tired and energy deprived that it takes me a week to recover from doing a basic workout. Now that I’ve broken through my Plateau quite substantially I’d like to transition back to a more normal weight loss diet.

But honestly, stopping Keto seems really intimidating. I know that it’s a gradual process, so I’m planning on adding back in 20g of carbs a week until I hit 120, which is a good amount for standard weight loss. have no idea what my Macros should be or what percentage of my calorie should be protein or fat, and I’m terrified of messing up my transition back to eating normally and gaining the weight back.

If it matters at all, my current macros are 20g carbs, 94g protein, and 117g fat.

Has anyone else ever transitioned off Keto before, and if so would I be able to get some advice? I’m finding so much conflicting info online that idk what I’m supposed to do.

submitted by /u/NatrenSR1
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i40K6R

No comments:

Post a Comment