Wednesday, May 26, 2021

How many people who currently struggle with bingeing used to struggle with restricting?

After reading lots of posts on here, and the book “Empty” by Susan Burton, I was curious how many other LoseIt members have had this experience. When I was a young teenager, I struggled with restrictive eating; I ate one meal a day and was only happy if my daily weigh-ins were in the double digits. That highly restrictive and controlled diet was, of course, unsustainable, and when I eventually allowed myself to eat more freely, I went too far in the other direction.

The bingeing-and-restricting cycle became my new norm; I’m now much better at limiting my binges and am working towards a normal-person relationship with food combined with slow, steady weight loss. But I would love to know if other people have a similar background, and what’s helped them overcome the cycles of messed-up eating habits.

submitted by /u/likeellewoods
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bY7dwh

No comments:

Post a Comment